After finishing the Creeper Sweater, I had left over black Bernat worsted yarn. This yarn was so very soft, and I was terribly excited about using it for a new project. Chantal pinned the “Helen Hat” on Pinterest and I now realized that I could get project ideas from what she liked by going to her Pinterest site. The hat took two attempts. The first time it was way too large. I then measured for a smaller size, adjusted the pattern, unraveled it, and knit it back up to a perfect fit.
I knit up a cowl in the same pattern to use up the remaining yarn. Layton modeled the hat and although it appears large on him, it fit Chantal perfectly. She scooped up both the hat and cowl and off they went home with her [again]!