This is a great muffin recipe for snacks and breakfast. Low cal with extra fiber.
1-1/2 cups white wheat bran*
1 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fine to medium chopped prunes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins (makes 10-12 muffins).
2. Mix together bran and milk in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Beat together in a medium bowl (easy to do by hand with a wooden spoon), applesauce, egg, sugar and vanilla. Add to the bran milk mixture
4. In a medium bowl sift together, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add cut prunes to flour mixture. Stir to separate prune pieces so that each piece is covered in flour.
6. Stir flour mixture into milk mixture. Blend well to ensure that you no longer can see dry flour around prunes.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans.
8. Bake in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Use toothpick inserted in centre of muffin to check if done. Toothpick should come out clean.
9. Cool a bit in pan before removing.
1 of 12 muffins
Fiber 5.2 g
Protein 4.1 g
Carbohydrates 38.9 g
Cholesterol 17.2 mg
Sodium 188.6 mg
Fat 1.3 g
Potassium 320.6 mg